Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the federal return be e filed now and file Minnesota later, or do they need to be filed at the same time?

Michelle B
Level 1

Can the federal return be e filed now and file Minnesota later, or do they need to be filed at the same time?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can file them separately, but I'm always leery that I am going to forget to to file the state later on.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Yes can be efiled separate.   I'm holding lots of Indiana state returns waiting for decision on unemployment exclusion.   But like @IRonMaN says it can be easy to forget the state once federal is done.  I keep the clients file out until the state has been sent.   Big ugly pile of folders is a good reminder there is still work to be done.  

George4Tacks
Level 15

This chart helps to determine which states you can do this with. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/ef-atlas-federal-state-ef-method-standalone-...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns