Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I override the Code "AC" on line 17 of a S Corp K-1?

Alistair1
Level 1
Does anyone know if an installment sale is a reportable transaction on Form 8886?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

If you've got more than $5 million of deferred proceeds across all of your installment sales, you have to calculate interest on the deferred tax. If this applies to you, let me know and I can find you a code section reference and an explanation of how to do the calculation.

An installment sale is not necessarily a reportable transaction for Form 8886 purposes.

Box 17 Code AC is a generic "other information" code, and it's unlikely that it requires overriding.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Only if it otherwise fits into one of the listed transaction categories.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

If you've got more than $5 million of deferred proceeds across all of your installment sales, you have to calculate interest on the deferred tax. If this applies to you, let me know and I can find you a code section reference and an explanation of how to do the calculation.

An installment sale is not necessarily a reportable transaction for Form 8886 purposes.

Box 17 Code AC is a generic "other information" code, and it's unlikely that it requires overriding.

Alistair1
Level 1

Thanks so much. This was quite helpful.

0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

Maybe not required, but it automatically populates now and I get an error I can't seem to clear when I remove it.

0 Cheers