Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help with this? I have a final return 1041 capital loss not distributed diagnostic

MPGCPA444
Level 3
I also tried overriding the Sch B lines but that somehow doubles the capital loss and doesn't clear the diagnostic.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Are you sure you checked the box for final return?

The "other" distributions should all 3 be 50 for each of the two beneficiaries. All 3 "required" distributions should be blank.  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

How did you complete the 1041 Distributions portion of the input?

MPGCPA444
Level 3

There are two beneficiaries, and I entered 50.0 & 50.0 in their respective Other Long Term boxes.  The capital loss is a carryover from prior years; there is no current year capital gain or loss.  I tried entering 25.0 & 25.0 in both their Required and Other long term boxes, as I know sometimes that works, but it didn't clear the diagnostic either.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Are you sure you checked the box for final return?

The "other" distributions should all 3 be 50 for each of the two beneficiaries. All 3 "required" distributions should be blank.  

MPGCPA444
Level 3

Yes, it's checked final.

I changed the percentages as you indicated, but I still get the same diagnostic "This is a FINAL return and capital gains have not been fully distributed"

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Chat with support. They should be able to help you.
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/taxation/help/how-to-contact-proconnect-tax-online-for-help/...

0 Cheers
MPGCPA444
Level 3

finally figured it out... you were right, I had overridden a box on a different screen trying to get it to work, but when I took that override out then it worked with the 50% in all the Other boxes.  Thanks!