Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Depreciation Schedule - Not Showing PY Depreciation (CA Schedule B - 100S)

Prior year state depreciation is entered in the Quick Entry screen for all assets; however, the prior year figures for only two of the assets are appearing on CA Schedule B (100S)

I don't know why this is the case or how to fix it. Please help if you're familiar with this.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 052807.png

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, after 3 hours and 12 mins. on chat support, I got the answer. Multi-state return needs to be selected (even though it's not a multi-state return) and then in the state column, you have to select CA for it to flow. 

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15
Can you post a screen of the quick entry? Especially the right side of the grid?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers

Yes sure.

Screenshot with cost of $899 is an example for an asset that appears correctly on the CA Depreciation Schedule.

Screenshot with cost of $1,700 is an example for an asset that does not appear correctly on the CA Depreciation Schedule.

1.png2.png

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think you should click the Live Chat and have support look at your return to help.

0 Cheers

Well, after 3 hours and 12 mins. on chat support, I got the answer. Multi-state return needs to be selected (even though it's not a multi-state return) and then in the state column, you have to select CA for it to flow. 

George4Tacks
Level 15

You are doing federal and CA only? Are there out of state shareholders? Sorry it took so long, support seems to be lagging on all products this year.

Thank you for posting a "solution"

0 Cheers

I am just doing a federal and CA state return with two shareholders that are both CA residents. Nothing out of state here. Thanks for chiming in and looking into it.

0 Cheers
bkris
Level 2

This helps a lot. I spent 3 hours with tech support and no solution in the end. Thanks a lot for posting the solution.

0 Cheers