Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware! Proconnect over-wrote my name with a staff member's name in the Preparer settings. Make sure you check before e-filing

acw100
Level 1
This happened last year too. Proconnect needs to fix this MAJOR glitch. I do not not want to e-file returns under my PTIN with someone else's name as preparer.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

When you say it's a MAJOR glitch, we'd expect to see at least a few complaints about what you described but we haven't seen anything similar here or in the FB group.  Just two obvious questions...

Did you check your account's preparer setup and whether there's an override on those problem returns for who the preparer is?

As you may be aware, this is not Intuit Support but a peer-to-peer support community.  In case you want anything escalated, you should contact Support directly.  Although there are a few Intuit moderators who stop by from time to time, their role is to moderate this community and not to provide support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitAustin @IntuitBettyJo  Hi, Austin and BettyJo, sounds like this is an isolated issue with the OP's setup.  Since he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with Support, would either of you be able to help escalate?  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
acw100
Level 1

Thank you for passing this along to the moderators. Truly appreciated! I have my doubts that this is an isolated incident. This is my 3rd tax season with proconnect and I've been an Intuit customer for 15 years so if there's a problem with setup then it's a problem on their end. I know that ProConnect is heavily recruiting lacerte users to migrate over and sales people tell you what you want to hear. Heads up but this is a legit issue you need to check if you are migrating. By the way I am happy with this software overall which is why I have renewed again this year. No software is perfect! 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @acw100.  Hope someone is able to help you resolve this once and for all.  Goodnight.

Still an AllStar