Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Form 8949 to Schedule D.

coopacct
Level 1

Unable to attach Form 8949 to Schedule D. Instructions say to 'click' on 2nd Schedule D / 4797, I only have one.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can not attach an  8949 to a Schedule D. You can do an attachment to an 8949

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-8949/help/attach-a-summary-statement-to-schedule-d-form...

If all the transactions are covered transactions, you do not even need to do an attachment, just enter summary amounts for short and for long. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

Agree with George.

ProConnect Tax is able to accommodate a large number of Sch D/F.8949 transactions.  What kind of problems are you having?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

Are they all covered transactions? If so, do not do #7 "Check the Summary from attached statement box." You can just make the two entries and the Schedule D will show the totals on lines 1a and 8a.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
coopacct
Level 1

I understand that for covered transactions, rather than entering the details,  I can check the summary box for attachments, which leads me to my next question; where can I attach my downloaded documents? 

I have been unable to locate the download area within the Input category.

Thank you so very much for your help.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
itonewbie
Level 15

@coopacct wrote:

I understand that for covered transactions, rather than entering the details,  I can check the summary box for attachments, which leads me to my next question; where can I attach my downloaded documents?

But if those are covered transactions that meet Exception 1 for F.8949, you won't have to include those on F.8949 or attach any statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers