Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any workaround while using Safari 14.0.2 where using the Tab key to advance to the next field always moves two fields, not just one? Crushes my workflow.

TonyC_EA
Level 1
Like nearly every browser based application ever, the Tab key should move the cursor to the next field on the screen. PCO used to do so. In 2020 returns, the Tab key moves the cursor two fields away, not one. Shift Tab moves the cursor back two fields, not one.

It's making it take much longer to enter data. Pressing Return correctly advances one field, but 20  years of Tabbing is a hard habit to break - and I shouldn't need to break it.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
itonewbie
Level 15

I use PTO in both Win 10 and Linux but don't have a problem whether I open it with Firefox or Chrome.  Tabbing will only move the cursor to the next field.  I don't use Mac with PTO, so I can't tell whether that's an odd behavior in Mac OS.  You may like to try another PTO-supported browser instead.  Regardless, you should always open PTO only in a private tab as that helps avoid most common issues.

If you'd like to report a technical issue, you will need to contact Technical Support when they reopen.  This is a peer-to-peer community; your feedback here won't get anywhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

@itonewbie Just as the ITO in you name is arcane, PTO is now outmoded. The new acronym for ProConnect Tax would seem to be PCT. Still, as usual your answers are all knowing and spot on correct. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
hoosierlarry
Level 1

If tab worked correctly in prior years and does not now, it is not a problem with the safari browser, it’s a problem with Intuit.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is how to contact support to discuss the issue: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/taxation/help/how-to-contact-proconnect-tax-online-for-help/...

OR post here for a suggested improvement to the product https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/605

itonewbie
Level 15

Just as George says if you need anything done by Intuit.  In the meantime, have you tried the suggestions I made in the previous post?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
hoosierlarry
Level 1

What do you mean by "private tab"?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@hoosierlarry I believe @itonewbie is referring to using INCOGNITO 

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

TonyC_EA
Level 1

Issue fixed. I did use Chrome for a bit in the interim. Thanks for the input and advice!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Good to hear, @TonyC_EA!  Glad you can now go back to your preferred browser.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers