Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 -- NEC Submission Error

sawas25
Level 3

Good Afternoon,

Hope you are well. I noticed this AM I accidentally filed a 1099-NEC twice, same recipient , same SSN, same amount, just the first name was Tim and the other Timothy.  Which the best course of action to correct this? Thanks for your help and recommendations. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

File a corrected 1099 showing zero for one of the two names used.

Slava Ukraini!
sawas25
Level 3

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
puravidapto
Level 7

Does the ProConnect  Tax have the capability to file 1099-NEC, or did you file 1099-NEC outside ProConnect  Tax? Thanks.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Inuit offers an add on - Quick Employer Forms" - to prepare 1099s.

Slava Ukraini!
puravidapto
Level 7

How do I  access "add on - Quick Employer Forms"? Thanks!

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
puravidapto
Level 7

Thanks for the info. The my account link in your link results an error:

We're sorry, we can't find the page you requested.
You may have incorrectly typed the address (URL) or clicked on an outdated link.

Is this error for everyone?
--
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It works for me.  But you don't need the link - just log into your Intuit account.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
puravidapto
Level 7

IRonMaN: I was able to sign in using another browser, but on my dashboard I do not have the link for Quick Employer Forms, nor Helpful Resources. That is ok, I do not want to trouble you anymore. I guess I do not have the product, I only have quickbooks and proconnect. It is good to know that when I really need it, I can get it somehow. Thanks!

--
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's an add-on, which means with Intuit you have to pay extra for it.  You would need to call sales to purchase it.

Slava Ukraini!
puravidapto
Level 7

It is good know. The Tuition website seems to indicate there is a link to it, maybe you get the link if you paid for it.

--
0 Cheers