Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-B Entry - There must be an easier way

freshy70
Level 3

I focus on business returns for Amazon sellers. Sometimes I do personal returns because the amazon seller is a single-member LLC so I am completing schedule C. As a result, I end up completing returns that have capital gains and losses from trading activity. I have at least 2 returns where they have been day trading and have 20 page 1099-Bs. I am manually entering the information, but I assume there is a better way. Intuit Link doesn't appear to be able to import these so what I am missing. If manual entry in the only way, I underpriced the return big time.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

If they are all short term and the basis has been reported, then yes, just one entry. Actually you don't even have to attach for that scenario. Look at the Schedule D, they should all show up on line 1a.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15
freshy70
Level 3

Thanks. So according to those instructions, it looks like I can just enter the total proceeds, total cost basis, etc. for all securities sold short-term and then just attach the 1099-B instead of entering all of the individual sales? Am I reading that correctly?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

If they are all short term and the basis has been reported, then yes, just one entry. Actually you don't even have to attach for that scenario. Look at the Schedule D, they should all show up on line 1a.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
freshy70
Level 3

Excellent thank you! I knew there was a better way.

0 Cheers