Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railroad retirement: entering the 1099 Forms

99mtamchamp
Level 2

Does anybody have some tips for entering the information on the railroad retirement forms? I've tried to follow the instructions on the support site but you have to have more information than the forms provide.... like "Enter the Annuity starting date"... "Enter the Expected return".... "Enter the Investment previously recovered tax free, if applicable." Not sure where this information comes from. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Accountant-Man
Level 12

The RRB is like a combined 1099-SA and 1099-R, some of the info goes on the SS worksheet and the other goes on a 1099-R.

The green piece is called RRB-1099-R.

The blue piece is the RRB-1099 is the SSA-1099. Read the descriptions on the form. They have their own lines on the SS W/S.

(sorry, I use Pro Series, so I don't know about ProConnect worksheets.)

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
99mtamchamp
Level 2

Thanks...but its the 1099-R piece of the forms that are confusing as far as how they are entered in the Proconnect forms... I would still like some help on how to enter correctly on..just a little confusing...from what I've read needs to be partially entered on the annuity section of the 1099-R input forms

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is what I found for PTO using "RRB" in the search 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/entering-form-rrb-1099-r-railroad-retirem...

Here is the search https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuati... 

For searches, short is beautiful.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
linduca1216
Level 7

From what I can tell (in ProSeries) there is no entry line for box 3 RRB-1099.   Do you concur?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

@linduca1216 Why don't you post this as a new question in ProSeries?

You tacked onto a year old ProConnect post.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers