Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmer error: Invalid feature name: PONG

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎December 07, 2019 11:23 AM

Product: ProSeries 2016 which was reloaded into a windows 10 32-bit operating system.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

Maybe Space Race will be installed in the next update. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atari,_Inc._games

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
17 Replies 17
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
when does this occur?  when you attempt to install or after install when you try to use the program?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
It happens when I try to use the program.  However, after looking into this problem more, I am pretty sure that the underlying problem is that my 10 year-old motherboard is running BIOS rather than the new UEFI.  

Windows 10 wants to see UEFI.  I've decided to build a new computer. So thanks for your response but don't spend any more time on this for my sake.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
We are glad you figured it out. Obviously it was not something we (the other users) have experienced, so we were just having a bit of fun while you did the serious work. Good job!

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
LOL
That issue would have been MY first guess if I'd really been paying attention..  :smiling_imp:
Thanks for updating the forum with the solution, for future searchers.
Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
The motherboard on my home system died last week, it didnt meet the minimum requirements to PS 2019 anyhow, so I guess it was time for a new one!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Maybe Space Race will be installed in the next update. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atari,_Inc._games

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
But Pong is what I started on and the realism in computer games has gone down hill ever since :wink::wink:
ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
My favorite was Night Driver. I was reminded of it while driving on a dark mountain road last weekend.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
George...were you up in Tahoe?
Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
I like Pong.  Before Atari, when were you able to play arcade games without leaving your home?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
@abctax55 Cataract surgery today, so hopefully oncoming glare won't be the pain it is now. Maybe we will make it up to you clearer ClearLake, which is where we were last week. I am married to a famous quilter and have to drive her to her fans.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Wish you speedy recovery, @George4Tacks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 14
@George4Tacks Hope it all goes well. I had both eyes done in August and am loving my new, improved vision.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Thanks to all. I am :eyes: forward to clearer vision. If only I could get the new forum to look better.  :eyes:

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. :wink::wink:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

The fix is to download the program from the website and reinstall.  If the CD was used(or the disc image from the website) it will have this issue.  Installing it from the download that point that says 'Download 2016' on your account dashboard will have the fix for the issue included in the install.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

The fix is to download the program from the website and reinstall.  If the CD was used(or the disc image from the website) it will have this issue.  Installing it from the download that point that says 'Download 2016' on your account dashboard will have the fix for the issue included in the install.

0 Cheers