Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proconnect online

RoamingCPA
Level 3

Anyone know how to delete a client return on Proconnect Online?  when I got to the list of clients and go to the specific client and then choose a year and 'view return' it gives me the option to delete but when I choose delete and then answer yes and go back to the main screen the return is still there.

The returns I want to delete are all closed years and the clients are gone.  I don't want this information left on the website.  

Is there any way to remove them?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15
RoamingCPA
Level 3

George4Tacks,

Yes I know I can't delete the client, I have to make it inactive.  However I can't delete an individual returns either.  As I said in my post:

"when I go to the list of clients and go to the specific client and then choose a year and 'view return' it gives me the option to delete but when I choose delete and then answer yes and go back to the main screen the return is still there."

Is there a way to delete a return?  The method I used above isn't working.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is no way to delete a client. You could overwrite it with garbage to make it useless. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
RoamingCPA
Level 3

Again, I understand that I can't delete the client. I am trying to delete old returns, not clients.

The program does give the option to delete a tax return, so why, when I try that, does the program not delete it?

Thanks.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I don't know. I was just successful in deleting 4 returns. What year are you doing deletion in ? Maybe you need to speak with support. 

0 Cheers
RoamingCPA
Level 3

I am trying to delete old years returns on the Proconnect online version.

Was hoping someone here would have the answer as getting things resolved with support takes so much time but I suspect I will have to call support.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
puravidapto
Level 7

I have no problem deleting returns. Maybe you should refresh your browser, or use chrome which is among the supported. 

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
RoamingCPA
Level 3

Thank you puravidapto,

I am using Chrome (although I also tried in Microsoft Edge too and it did the same thing), I just cleared my cache and it still doesn't work.

Guess it's just me.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is the screen I am doing the delete from. I think it is different than what you described. 

Capture.JPG

0 Cheers