Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proconnect and Refund Advantage not communicating and the problems it has caused my firm.

candice
Level 1

During the period of time where ProConnect and Refund Advantage were not communication, I efiled almost 20 returns.  I am now finding that these returns were approved by the IRS and funds send to Refund Advantage.  Because RA didnt have any taxpayers to assign these refunds to, they just sent the money back to the IRS.  Now I have to tell my clients that they will be getting a paper check from the IRS in 7 to 10 WEEKS, and that they should feel like sending me a check for my fees?  Has anyone found a way around this yet?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

You probably won't get any response from users here on this board for questions related to RA, especially from regulars like us as most of us don't offer this to clients.  If you are in the PTO FB group, there are a number of users who do.

Based on discussions in the FB group, there are people having problems with RA but none, from what I recall, about refunds being bounced from RA because there is no account to assign them to.  This leads to the question whether RA has set up your account correctly - as you are aware, enrollment in RA is done through RA completely outside of PTO.  

In any case, you will need to contact RA directly to resolve your problem in the first instance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

You probably won't get any response from users here on this board for questions related to RA, especially from regulars like us as most of us don't offer this to clients.  If you are in the PTO FB group, there are a number of users who do.

Based on discussions in the FB group, there are people having problems with RA but none, from what I recall, about refunds being bounced from RA because there is no account to assign them to.  This leads to the question whether RA has set up your account correctly - as you are aware, enrollment in RA is done through RA completely outside of PTO.  

In any case, you will need to contact RA directly to resolve your problem in the first instance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers