Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending batch client checklist email

mlctaxman
Level 2

When I try to print batch email client checklist error message says that there is no email program attached to my computer program

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mlctaxman
Level 2

Thank you for all the suggestions on my problem.  I found out that I needed to update to Office 2019. Once I updated my problem was solved. (I was using Office 2010 before)

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

I have modified this from a Lacerte article - Hopefully it helps

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. From the top drop-down menu, click on Tools then Internet Options.
If using IE 7-10, the Tool Bar might not be visible.
Right-click in the blank space next to the open tab and check Menu Bar.
  1. In the Internet Options window, click on the Programs Tab.
  2. Under the Internet Programs section, click on the Set programs button.
  3. Click on the Set your default programs link.
  4. In the next screen displayed, click on Microsoft Office Outlook (Express, Thunderbird, etc) displayed under the Programs list.
  5. Once highlighted, on the left pane of the window, click on the option Set this program as default.
  6. After the window refreshes, click OK and close all windows.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@mlctaxman Your question does not seem to be related to PTO as batch requests are generated from within the Link UI of PTO and it doesn't go through an email client.  If you are indeed using PTO, please come back to clarify your question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
mlctaxman
Level 2

Thank you for all the suggestions on my problem.  I found out that I needed to update to Office 2019. Once I updated my problem was solved. (I was using Office 2010 before)

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I see.  Just for clarity, your question actually pertains to Lacerte instead of ProConnect Tax Online then.  Glad you have it resolved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar