Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print organizer for my my clients

Jhhcpa
Level 1

How do I print an tax organizer that I can send to my clients. I use the cloud  software but not all my client's are on computers. Also is there a way to get last years infor on the organizer

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Short answer is no, you can't print proforma organizers for your clients.  This functionality is simply not in PTO - not that no one ever requested it or for the lack of good reasons, just that the use of paper organizer is not consistent with Intuit's vision for PTO, which is paperless and fully cloud-based.

You do have two options if your clients do not use computers:

1. Use blank organizers (either the extended or condensed version) for PTO; or
  2. Print PDF version of the Link Questionnaire and Document Checklist (with minimum customization based on prior year return income, expense, etc.)

Copies of PDF organizers (#1) and instructions for #2 can be found in this article: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/proconnect-tax-online-pdf-checklist-for-c...

Note, however, that the existing PDF organizers for TY2019 were published in Jun/Jul 2019 and are not up to date with questions on crypto and the two acts signed into law in Dec.  According to PTO's product manager, updated versions should be published around mid-Jan, so watch that space next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
ER
Level 1

Very disappointed in lack of customized paper organizers and amount of work needed to print elementary level customized questionnaires.  Almost annoying enough to quit PTO.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

There are pros and cons with PTO.  It's a question of what you can live with and without, as with anything else in life.

Yeah, you'd think that there should be a way to produce proforma organizers but it's not in Intuit's game plan for PTO.  It's evident that their plan for the intermediate term is to push for the use of Link Questions/Document Checklist (not only for PTO but also other ProConnect tax products).

There is a minimal level of customization Link will tailor the Questions and Document Checklist based on your client's prior year return.  If you haven't checked that out, you may want to take a look.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers