Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing structure for ProConnect renewals

Highlighted
Level 2

This summer I was told by customer service that I would lock in last year's price (2019 returns) by just  pre-ordering any number of returns.  So on 9/3 I ordered 5 1040s and 1 business return even though I prepared 46 1040s and 9 business returns. Then a few days ago I received a renewal bill that states "Pre-order above number of returns or more to lock in your discount price."

I called again today and was told I had to pre-order 50% or more of my last year's number to lock in the discount price.  So I ordered more.

What is the policy?  I can find nothing on the website.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Level 15

The fine print is at the bottom of as Important pricing, .....

For Tax Year 2019: All Intuit ProConnect Tax returns pre-ordered and purchased are for use during the calendar year 2020 and can be used for any tax return supported by Intuit ProConnect. 1040 and business returns and can only be used for the designed return type. Returns purchased but not used by December 31, 2021, will not roll over into the next tax year. Any pre-orders not canceled prior to December 31, 2020 will be charged to the credit card on file. Intuit has no obligation to refund all or part of the purchase price for prior purchases of ProConnect or unused returns. ProConnect tax returns are credited to the Customer Account Number that purchased them and cannot be transferred to other Intuit accounts. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options are subject to change without notice.

ProConnect usage based on actual tax year 2018 usage data for ProConnect customers.

Save 60% off the purchase of all tax year 2020 tax returns purchased between 8 a.m. Central time on August 17, 2020, and 6 p.m. Central time on September 30, 2020. Savings calculation based on tax year 2020 retail price. 60% discount is a limited-time offer for new customers that may only be claimed once. Purchase discounted returns directly from Intuit ProConnect Tax at pto.intuit.com or call 844-779-1133. Customer will be required to provide payment information at the time of the pre-order. Your entire purchase amount will not be charged until January 2021. Cancel your pre-order by December 20th to avoid being charged.

Cancellation. Upon cancellation or the termination of your account, you will not have access to the ProConnect Services, data and other Content you uploaded to the ProConnect Services. Please follow in-product instructions to cancel your account. We suggest that you retain your own copies of any data or Content that you may need, as Intuit is not responsible for providing you access to the Services or your data or Content after any cancellation or termination of this Agreement.

Refund policy. If you purchase returns between the date of first availability of the next Tax Year, but before the current Tax Year Service charge date (typically early January), you may cancel your order. In the event, you purchase returns after the current Tax Year Service charge date (typically early January), Intuit shall issue a refund on unused returns within thirty (30) calendar days from your purchase date. No other refund requests shall be honored.

My take - If they offer you something, get it in writing. 

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Not sure who you spoke with previously about the minimum commitment and who told you about pre-ordering at least 50% of your prior year volume.

Straight from the Product Manager, Boris Shmukler in the PTO FB group, each account's discounted prices are already locked in based on the current year's volume and you will only need to purchase a minimum of 10 returns in total to lock in the prices.  Here's what he stated in the FB group:

Our system locked in the number of returns by 04/16/2020. If you don't think that this number is properly reflecting your activity/forecast for TY19, please contact our Customer Success team. To lock in your price (based on 04/16/2020 consumption), you can simply buy a minimum of 10 returns prior to 09/17/2020. Once the price is locked for TY20 returns, you can buy any additional TY20 returns at that price through 12/31/2021

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar