Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practice Question

Luca
Level 1

I've recently completed the training New York requires you to complete before you get registered. I plan to register with the state and the IRS. I plan to use the skills to prepare the taxes of small businesses. However, I feel as though I'll need some practice before I start preparing these taxes.

Does anyone here know of a good way to practice filing taxes?

Thanks for your help, folks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

Getting registered is one thing.  But if you have not been in this business before, the best thing to do is to get a job at an established tax practice or accounting firm, ideally to shadow a knowledgeable mentor.  You will need probably 3 years to learn the ropes and for the light bulb to go off.  You should expect then to take more years to fully develop your expertise.  It would be different if all you want to do is to prepare basic tax returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar