Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please use E-file Amendment options in the File Return"

puravidapto
Level 7

For the life of me, I cannot get rid of the following "critical" diagnostic. I have already checked amended return in profile. It is 2022.

Form 1040: Form 1040-X is included in this return. This return must be e-filed as an amended return. Please use E-file Amendment options in the File Return.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

There's nothing to get rid of. It's just telling you that when you're ready to e-file, you should use the Amended process.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

There's nothing to get rid of. It's just telling you that when you're ready to e-file, you should use the Amended process.

puravidapto
Level 7

It makes sense, it is just that it should not be a critical diagnostic. Thanks. 

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
martarose
Level 1

How did you solve this please? It won't let me e-file. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@martarose Are you e-filing an amended return? If not, look at the Profile and remove the check marks for Amended return. 

If you are e-filing you may want to contact support to have them help with your file. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns