Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA Local returns

kkgcpa
Level 2

Newbie here.  Am I missing something on how to create the local pa returns?  I was able to add the local/city name and I can see it as a "return" under the Returns summary but nothing is there.  I believe I have all screens completed properly to do this.  Help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

A few things you need to check in addition to adding the locality under Profile.

• Income > Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2) > Pennsylvania > Local Wages and Withholding Information: Check that you have that populated with at least the CITY NAME;
  • State & Local > Taxes > PA Cities Earned Income Tax

If your client has Sch C, etc., you need to do the same on those input screens.

Note that if your client's municipality/school district requires F.531, the form has yet to be finalized and there is not a fixed release date from Intuit.  Otherwise, everything seems to be working with the mock-up I did.

This article may also be helpful: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/city-return-information/00/5709

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

A few things you need to check in addition to adding the locality under Profile.

• Income > Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2) > Pennsylvania > Local Wages and Withholding Information: Check that you have that populated with at least the CITY NAME;
  • State & Local > Taxes > PA Cities Earned Income Tax

If your client has Sch C, etc., you need to do the same on those input screens.

Note that if your client's municipality/school district requires F.531, the form has yet to be finalized and there is not a fixed release date from Intuit.  Otherwise, everything seems to be working with the mock-up I did.

This article may also be helpful: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/city-return-information/00/5709

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar