Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original AGI not showing on 1040x

CatherineJane
Level 1

I have followed all the steps to created an amended personal return but for some reason the original AGI (Form 1040 line 7) is not pulling though to the 1040x Can anyone help me out here?

These are the steps I have taken:

Miscellaneous Forms > Amended Return (1040x) >General Information and Federal (1040x) > 

Check mark in the Amending federal return box and 1 in amending state return, year to amend is entered as 2018

In the "As originally reported column" I have entered 12197 as the AGI and some other information below. The AGI is not showing on the form preview though, that field is just blank.

It is a multi state return, could that be confusing the issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

It is working on mine.  You have got the correct entries.

Contact Support and use the Send to Intuit function under Return actions for them to look at what may have caused it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
CatherineJane
Level 1

Thank you - I'll see what they say.

0 Cheers
HeatherLaila
Level 1

I am currently having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

0 Cheers
HeatherLaila
Level 1

nevermind. I see the diagnostic so changes need to be made for that to show up. Thanks anyways!

0 Cheers
CatherineJane
Level 1

Hi - sorry for the delay. Looks like you figured it out. In my case, the AGI was below the threshold for showing up on the tax return. I just had to research the form instructions a little bit more to learn the reason.

0 Cheers