Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oklahoma Allocation for foreign corporation

Anthony1s
Level 2

Hi all,

I'm working on an OK state corporation return (form 512) in a multi-state filing. The taxpayer is a foreign corporation (incorporated and does most business outside of OK). How do I adjust Form 512 page 3 part I column b to reflect the income and expenses that should be allocated to OK? The software is currently allocating the same numbers as federal to OK, which is generating a ridiculously high tax bill.

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anthony1s
Level 2

I figured it out. You have to check the box "Unitary enterprise". As per the instructions, a multi-state company is a unitary enterprise which then generates the apportionment schedule. State instructions also mention that Page 3 column B should only be filled out if you only do business in OK or you're in a specific industry.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
DHWCPATX
Level 2

You need to tag the income that is OK income & expenses when you enter it into the program. You have to tag the rest to US and or other states.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Does OK allow allocation? Or do you have to apportion?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Anthony1s
Level 2

I figured it out. You have to check the box "Unitary enterprise". As per the instructions, a multi-state company is a unitary enterprise which then generates the apportionment schedule. State instructions also mention that Page 3 column B should only be filled out if you only do business in OK or you're in a specific industry.