Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NM State forms not available for TY19?

Lela
Level 2

I have transferred info from a 2018 return to a new 2019 return. In Proconnect when starting a new return, the federal return with all options (e-file options for general, extensions, amendments, etc) will appear. In the past this would also add the same state return for 2019 that was filed in 2018. It did not. When trying to add a state return from the drop down menu New Mexico is not listed as an option. (and for that matter neither is alaska but thats not what I'm after.)

Please help.

Does proconnect not support the state forms for NM in TY2019? They have been available in years past.

Seriously, this is not right.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

What type of return are you preparing?  The reason I ask is that AK does not have individual income tax.  Otherwise, NM is supported and available (https://lfs.intuit.com/#/s/NM).  FWIW, I have no problem getting NM set up in PTO on my end.

Can't speak to why your rollover for NM didn't work but it seems to be an isolated problem, perhaps with your particular return.  Neither did I have any problem with state rollover in general nor have I seen any complaint from others about that.  You probably did but may like check that the return you rolled over from is the correct copy.

Instead of spending more time chasing down what might have caused the isolated problem you experienced, it'd be more expedient to delete the TY2019 return (if you haven't yet started on it), check the TY2018 return to make sure it's the right copy and that it's intact, then do the proforma again.

This is not Intuit Support or Customer Service but a forum supported by peer users who volunteer their time to help one another and we have no affiliation whatever with Intuit.  We can share our experience but do nothing beyond that.  In case you'd like to have someone look into your return, you will need to send it to Intuit from within PTO and contact Support directly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

What type of return are you preparing?  The reason I ask is that AK does not have individual income tax.  Otherwise, NM is supported and available (https://lfs.intuit.com/#/s/NM).  FWIW, I have no problem getting NM set up in PTO on my end.

Can't speak to why your rollover for NM didn't work but it seems to be an isolated problem, perhaps with your particular return.  Neither did I have any problem with state rollover in general nor have I seen any complaint from others about that.  You probably did but may like check that the return you rolled over from is the correct copy.

Instead of spending more time chasing down what might have caused the isolated problem you experienced, it'd be more expedient to delete the TY2019 return (if you haven't yet started on it), check the TY2018 return to make sure it's the right copy and that it's intact, then do the proforma again.

This is not Intuit Support or Customer Service but a forum supported by peer users who volunteer their time to help one another and we have no affiliation whatever with Intuit.  We can share our experience but do nothing beyond that.  In case you'd like to have someone look into your return, you will need to send it to Intuit from within PTO and contact Support directly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Lela
Level 2

I am preparing an individual return. Strangely, the link you posted showing available forms did not list the PIT1, NM's individual form, the 1st time I checked about 5 mins ago and now it shows only "Form status information updates are actively being worked on for the selected agency and module. Please check back later." ahhh intuit.

However, the good ol reboot method, delete and start over, did work. I had tried that 3 times before coming to the forum, not wanting to be asking questions for a simple glitch, but here we are and 4th time is apparently the charm today.

FWIW, I know this is not customer support but a peer forum. The volunteer help you and others provide is generally more helpful than support & I appreciate your input and the quickness with which you replied to my question. Thank you.

itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @Lela.  Glad you get that resolved.  Have a great weekend ahead!

Still an AllStar