Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My clients are not getting the stimulus checks, they are asking if there is something wrong with their taxes, the tax returns were accepted and have no errors.

Highlighted

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
11 Replies 11
Highlighted
Level 15

All of the payments didn't go out on one day.  Doesn't anybody have even the slightest bit of patience these days?

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 15

And if they are getting "checks" they are going to have to wait even a bit longer.

Highlighted
Level 7

@IRonMaN  isn't it nice to know when it comes to money(checks) our clients consider us the smartest people on earth but when it comes to deductions, financial planning, and tax law the barber, hairdresser, or bartender always knows the answer.  Clients will discuss their affairs with siblings but won't even consider using irs.gov as @Just-Lisa-Now- suggests.

Highlighted
Level 15

I just wish the barbershops were open so that I could refer the stimulus payment phone call inquiries to their barber.   Until now I never realized how badly barbers were needed ----------------------- I really need a haircut 💈

Highlighted
Level 15

@IRonMaN  - LOL, I'm cutting John's hair this weekend.  I declined his offer to cut mine tho.  Headbands, visor, hat.... they'll have to do.   I wish I had a green eyeshade/visor to wear 🙂

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Ive always wanted to shave my head and buy a bunch of fun wigs....no wigs shops are open, so I guess my plan is still on hold  😄

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15

I'm looking a lot like my 1975 high school yearbook photo ------------------ well, at least a heavier, grayer version of the photo 😁

Highlighted
Level 7

@IRonMaN @Just-Lisa-Now- did you also notice clients asked if something was wrong with their taxes-makes you wonder if they think we don't know what we are doing

Highlighted
Level 15

But based on all of the posts that I have seen here over the years, a lot of those folks have good reason to wonder 😅

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, 3 emails today asking if something was wrong with their taxes....I closed the office until Wednesday, my answering machine says to use email if they need to contact be before then...and they have!  LOL

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Youre only hearing from the ones that havent gotten it yet, Im sure youve got some clients that received it just fine.

Do you use banking products that sends the clients refund to a third party bank to collect your fee before it goes to them?   If so, this is causing an issue...you may want to contact the banking product you use and ask them what to expect.

If no banking products have been used, then patience is all youve got for now...this money will be distributed out over the next several months.

They can use the IRS Get My Payment website to check on their payment and submit banking info if they didnt use direct deposit for the refund on the tax return.