Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2018 won't open after entering the password. It's frozen on the next page before the list of clients showsup. Any ideas.

carolsawaya858
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Try one or a combination of the following.  Usually, these will resolve your issue.  Let us know how it goes:

• Reload frame (for PC, right-click in the area where you see the spinning circle/dots and choose Reload frame)
  • Clear cookies/cache/history;
  • Restart browser/computer/device; and
  • Use another browser/computer/device
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
carolsawaya858
Level 2
Tried that before I submitted the question, it did not work. Said there was no such path. I tried a 'round about' and it worked. Will contact Lacerte on the next business day and have them check the paths. Thanks!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
If you are on the server, or using a standalone, just use C:\Lacerte\18tax\Setup18\Taxsetup.exe /Force
Copy this text > C:\Lacerte\18tax\Setup18\Taxsetup.exe /Force
Press the Windows key + R (at the same time)
In the Open: window you may see some other text, just paste what you copied in that box and press enter
In the future, be careful of how the wonderful posts your question - We are "Lacerte" without all the added verbage of ProConnect Lacerte - Your question seems to have posted for the online version, in which case look at the answer below

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Try one or a combination of the following.  Usually, these will resolve your issue.  Let us know how it goes:

• Reload frame (for PC, right-click in the area where you see the spinning circle/dots and choose Reload frame)
  • Clear cookies/cache/history;
  • Restart browser/computer/device; and
  • Use another browser/computer/device
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers