Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montana Schedule K-1

CTC
Level 3

On the Montana Schedule K-1 in PTO where do I enter line 13, Other expense deductions apportionable and/or allowable to Montana?

Tax payer is a Montana non resident.

Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

Check out the following input screen:

1. On the left panel, click on Income > Passthrough K-1's > Partnership Info (1065 K-1) or S-Corp Info (1120S K-1);
  2. Go to the State & Local tab;
  3. Scroll down to Montana Adjustments {MT}; and
  4. Enter the amount(s) under the MONTANA column.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
CTC
Level 3

It doesn't list MT in that area. I checked to make sure that state is marked and it is.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You may want to take a second look...

MT K-1 Adjustments.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
CTC
Level 3

I contacted support since I couldn't find it and after an hour they realized that it wasn't supported in 2018 and that's why I couldn't find it, so I either have to do it using another method for preparing the tax return or just not use that deduction.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You should have stated 2018 in original post.

The logical assumption we volunteers make is that you are working on a current year return unless otherwise specified.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
CTC
Level 3

Yes, I realized that after the fact. I apologize for that.

This return has 12 states and has been a total time killer, to the detriment of my other clients, especially since I don't deal with most of these states. I'm used to calling customer support, but this year they are asking me where on the tax return the item should go. I previously used Lacerte, but customer support may be this way across the board.

Once again, I'm sorry, but at least I'll know how to do this for the 2019 return.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

No problem. I know you're learning.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

As Susan says, that's not a problem.  We're glad our input helped you save a couple minutes.  That's where this forum comes into play - sharing our collective experience to help one another.  Cheers!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers