Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland nonresident tax paid by PTE

Highlighted
Level 1

How do you enter the Md. nonresident tax paid by a PTE so that it shows up as a credit on the individuals md nonresident return I entered it in on the state tab of the K-1 input but it is not showing up as a payment on the 505 and there is no Md. Form 510 input available 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 1

I will answer my own question in case anyone else runs into this. It is an overide at the bottom of the Md part year/Nonresident input form under "state and local". Putting it in as a K-1 state and local amount - even though there is a line for it, does not bring it into the return as a tax payment.  

Highlighted
Level 15

Intuit should maybe add a "self help' category to this place for questions like this 😊

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 1

GO TO TAX PAYMENTS WORKSHEET, LINE 14 SCHEDULES K-1.    

THIS WILL CROSS REFERENCE TO SCHEDULE K-1 FORM 1065.  GO TO BOX 13: OTHER DEDUCTIONS.   TO TO CODE W: OTHER DEDUCTIONS.   

GO TO LINE 5 STATE INCOME TAX WITHHELD.

STATE NAME: MD

AMOUNT    

NO OVERRIDE NEEDED. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

yes that works for a nonresident but not a part year resident that had this tax paid by a PTE...  anyone have any idea how to get Form 502CR, Part CC, line 5 to work for a Form 502-part year resident?

0 Cheers