Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte 2020 won't launch after update

ncal2020
Level 1

I performed an update today since I was trying to efile a 2020 tax return. After the update, it trys to launch and at the very end I get a lot of error messages regarding EF return counts, TBrush exception etc. and then closes up. I have tried rebooting and reinstall the software from the Web. It still won't work.

John Hamann

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

Specifically I would try the FORCE websetup (install)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
ncal2020
Level 1

I tried that with a Lacerte employee on the phone, and it appears to be a deeper problem. I spent almost 4 hours on the phone with her last Friday and still couldn't get the program(reinstalled three times) to overcome the issue. It was kicked upstairs to the programmers and I was expecting a phone call yesterday, but I haven't heard from them. Lacerte is pretty much useless to me right now.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Please provide screenshots or copy and paste the text of the message onto this thread, that would be a huge help so I can pass this along and do some research. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers