Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just e-filed. I owe both Fed and State and am paying electronically. I forgot to update my bank account from last year which is now closed. Can i resubmit to supersede?

Level 1
All i need to do is update the bank account information so it pulls from an account that is still open.
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Level 15

Nope. One efile per SSN.

Superseding returns have to be paper filed, and really aren't used for this purpose.

You *might* have a chance calling the IRS to get the bank account changed.  

Former Chump..umm... AllStar.
"the game of life is hard to play"

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Level 11

Nope. Why didn't you fix the account BEFORE e-filing?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Level 13

I can't help with State. With Fed, cancel the payment and make another through the Payment portal or EFTPS:





"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.