Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It has been 11 days since the Form 1120 was received by Intuit. The state return has been accepted, but not the federal return. How do I check to see what's wrong?

taxbootcamp
Level 2
Using ProConnect on-line
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxbootcamp
Level 2

Thanks, this is the first year I've e-filed a corporate return (only have the one client). I didn't realize the IRS closed e-filing. 

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

IRS is closed. Did you get it in before closing on 12/26?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
taxbootcamp
Level 2

No, I sent it on 12/28. It's an extended 2019 corporate return (year-end 4/30/2020) due 1/15/2021.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since IRS officially closed Efiling for business returns on Dec 26th, and you sent after that, its sitting at Intuit waiting for IRS to reopen for Efiled business return processing...supposed to be in early January for business returns, I don't think Ive seen an official date though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxbootcamp
Level 2

Thanks, this is the first year I've e-filed a corporate return (only have the one client). I didn't realize the IRS closed e-filing. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

"I didn't realize the IRS closed e-filing."

Your software puts out notifications, but also, you can Subscribe to get notifications:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/e-news-subscriptions

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
sjrcpa
Level 15

I am constantly amazed by the people who don't read the alerts that pop up in the software - including some of my staff who have been told to read them all. Guess I should get over it.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@sjrcpa wrote:

I am constantly amazed by the people who don't read the alerts that pop up in the software - including some of my staff who have been told to read them all. Guess I should get over it.

On the other hand, ProSeries has been known to spam those alerts with junk, so it can be like the "Little Boy Who Cried Wolf", you just ignore them after a while.

For example, in previous years ProSeries was spamming an alert every time they had an "Ask an Expert" thing on this forum.  They even had one alert that was an ADVERTISEMENT for Quickbooks.

rbynaker
Level 13

Business eFile is scheduled to open again on 1/8/21 at 9am EST.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/bulletins/2b39eb9