Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it true Pro Connect doesn't allow filing of 2018 tax returns until January 2020?

onismish
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
qbteachmt
Level 15
Go here to read about how the IRS is controlling this, and how your tax program fits into the IRS schedule:
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/2019-e-file-start-and-stop-dates-for-fede...

Make sure to expand each section.
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

The IRS is the one 'not allowing efiling' until sometime in January.  They shut down (every year) to retool the system for the upcoming filing season.  

ProSeries (as well as all other software) is just along for the ride.

You CAN still file tho - but only on paper.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
cynvas159
Level 1

Since it's the IRS that's in control, what about the state of CT?  Can I file the state return electronically even though the feds aren't open for electronic filing?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If CT is a piggyback state - no.  If it isn't - maybe.  You would have to check with CT.

Barber! Why didn't I think of this before? Getting paid to give out bad tax advice - need I say more? I've run with scissors for years so it is a natural fit.