Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information transmitted to the IRS

TaxesTech
Level 4

After client e-Signed the return, I caught the electronic payment option was not checked.  As that is what client requested, I checked the box and e-filed the return, defaulting payment day is 5/17/21.  I believe the electronic payment election was transmitted to the IRS, but how do I make sure of that?  

Client told me they did not see a payment went out of their bank today.  How many days does the payment clear the bank, and how do I verify whether this payment election was truly transmitted to the IRS? 

Alphalinked_0-1621290942383.jpeg

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travis H

With the return open in-program, you will want to go to the Check Return tab, from there clicking on Forms on the left-hand navigation bar, selecting US to get a view of your forms. It is in this list that you would see the E-file Payment Record.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Travis H

Thanks for reaching out!

We'd suggest confirming that the E-file Payment Record was generated. You can check this in-program.

If so, the client's payment information was sent with the return to the federal agency. The IRS can take a few days to process payments.

Here's hoping that helps!

TaxesTech
Level 4

Where should I go to check the e-File Payment Record was generated?  

0 Cheers
Travis H

With the return open in-program, you will want to go to the Check Return tab, from there clicking on Forms on the left-hand navigation bar, selecting US to get a view of your forms. It is in this list that you would see the E-file Payment Record.

TaxesTech
Level 4

Ah I see it!  Thank you so much for helping and I know I'll use this function a lot going forward!  Much appreciated!  \(^0^)/

0 Cheers