Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move a business return shown under an individual client name to a different business client file?

vthompson
Level 1
I have both the 1040 and business returns for a client under the individual client's file but I want the business return to be under the business client file not the individual client file.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

If what you want to do is to have the 1120 return tagged to your business (instead of individual) client in QBI, you can use the Merge Duplicate Clients tool, which you can access by clicking on the gear icon and find under Tools > Merge Duplicate Clients.

On the left column is the QBO client you want to merge TO and you'd choose the client you want to merge.

If your individual client uses Link, you should make sure all the related documents have been downloaded and the responses backed up before the merge as those will no longer be accessible under the individual client's record and neither will your client be able to access the same in Link.

P.S. All three of Intuit's professional tax products are branded ProConnect.  ProConnect Tax Online is the only one that's cloud-based and it's called PTO for short.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm confused.  Do you mean a schedule C or some other type of business entity?  In any case, I believe the answer is no, but it is subject to change based on more information including what software you are using.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
vthompson
Level 1
An 1120S Return. First year using ProConnect and the return was tagged to the wrong QB client so when I search under "clients" for my business, it does not appear. I can search under "tax return" in the 1120S box and it does appear but shows the "Client Name" to the my individual client's name rather than the Business Client Name.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@itonewbie is our resident expert on this software.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
montbizsolution
Level 1

Since Intuit Link can now send tax organizers to businesses I'd like to move my business returns out from under their owner's personal Client Name and into the businesses' new Client Names.

What is the resolution for this?

0 Cheers