Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If an exempt organization has a 6/30/22 fiscal year end can you file their return in the Proconnect 2021 or 2022 software?

AnmarieA
Level 4
The extension errored out in the 2021 software and working with the IRS Helpdesk they seemed to think you could but as the Forms 990EZ are not available in the 2022 software. I am confused how to handle. If you can give guidance that would be helpful.
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

6/30/22 year end is a 2021 return (assuming not a short year and actual year began in 2021). Use 2021 software.

Ex-AllStar
AnmarieA
Level 4

Thanks for the reply. In the live chat the Proconnect rep said no but when I spoke to the IRS helpdesk they seemed to think I could but needed to create a case number and I am waiting for an analyst to give me a call back. I do not know why then the extension would not electronically file as I had to mail it on the due date. 

Thanks again as I will finalize the return and hope it does not error out to electronically file the Form 990EZ. 

Best Regards, Anmarie

0 Cheers