Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a company is not recognized as an s corp, will proconnect accept a companies 1120s?

clark-kendra
Level 1
I submitted form 2553 for a client last year.  The client has moved several times since then and we have not received the s corp acceptance letter.  If i file an 1120s for the client, will the irs accept the efile even though the company might not be recognized as an s corp?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

lt will get rejected if by the IIRS if IRS does not have an accepted S election on file (99.99% of the time. I've heard of a few cases where the issue arose years after filing S corp returns).

ProConnect doesn't know or care if it really is an S Corp.

Ex-AllStar
idawkrizman
Level 3

My client filed the paperwork and then submitted the S-Corp filing.  He also did not have a letter as he had moved.  On the S-Corp filing, he added comments explaining what was done.  Nothing was rejected and he received another letter confirming the election in the mail.