Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to file an amended return in MA only, no need to file federal 1040X. It seems I'm only able to select Federal Amendment. Does ProConnect have this capability?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 15

Remove the MA from the electronic choices. 

0 Cheers

Update: ProConnect tech support informed me that IRS does not allow this.  Since that explanation did not make sense, I concluded that the software doesn't have the capability and I will paper file.  I spoke with a representative from MA DOR and they informed me that only some software is compatible but the IRS certainly is not the hindrance.

0 Cheers