Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a partnership K-1 with Box 13 Code W Business Interest Expense; where in the K-1 input for 1040 can I enter it?

laval650
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

There is no standard answer to this because it all depends on the supplemental details from the K-1 about the kind of deduction it is.  Once you identify the deduction, you may need to enter that directly on the relevant form or schedule as it's probably not something that could flow through the K-1 input.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

There is no standard answer to this because it all depends on the supplemental details from the K-1 about the kind of deduction it is.  Once you identify the deduction, you may need to enter that directly on the relevant form or schedule as it's probably not something that could flow through the K-1 input.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
sinclair666
Level 1

I have a Line 13W on a pass thru K-1 from a real estate partnership. The 13W is for Other Deductions - Debt Financed Interest. How would I enter this as there is no 13 W line

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Depends on how they used the distributions they received. The full description is interest on debt financed distributions.

If for personal stuff - no deduction, ignore it.

If they invested the money it is investment interest Form 4952/Schedule A.

Ex-AllStar
Harsha
Level 1

Hi Sjjrcpa,

I have a Box 13 w- Other deduction for commission expenses in partnership tax return. I am trying to figure out where should it flow in form 1040 so that the client can get a deduction benefit.

the instruction in pro-series says that it needs to be manually entered in the personal tax return. 

The commission was paid for investment business purpose.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Harsha Asked as their own topic, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/i-am-trying-to-figure-o...

Which is always better, since the tax regulations and the programs will change from year to year.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers