Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to enter allocation on a return for the PTC.

robofstcroixtax
Level 1

The Taxpayer is not a dependent on any return, but did have 4 months of Health Insurance covered by her parents return and 1095A. I have entered the allocation on her form and entered the 1095 as received by her parents. However, there is no Form 8962 that opens up to become part of the filed return. I received a reject indicating there would need to be an ACA Explanation attachment, or a Form 8962 indicating the Allocation. I am using Pro Series. Thank you

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robofstcroixtax
Level 1

Yes we did. 

The problem was when you entered 0% allocation, the Form 8962 would drop from the return and render it unable to efile.

The reject read attach 'ACA Explanation'. So I attached a pdf with some Preparer Notes indicating the taxpayer was allocated 0% of the PTC and attached a pdf copy of the 8962 properly completed and a copy of the 1095A.

Once the attachment was seen named ACA Explanation, it efiled and was Accepted. 

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
lrhenry04
Level 3

I posted this question here today then found your question.

Did you have any luck getting yours e-filed?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Are you allocating 0% to your taxpayer?

If so, yes, that is an error in ProSeries that it does not file the 8962.  It was that like many years ago, and I guess I had incorrectly assumed they fixed it.  Apparently they did not fix it, in which case Intuit is severely negligent.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I just saw you said you are using ProConnect.  I know the error used to be in ProSeries, but if you are having the problem in ProConnect, apparently that program is incorrect as well.

0 Cheers
lrhenry04
Level 3

I am using ProSeries Professional and am having the issue too.

I did not have this problem last year. And it is only an issue on one of the 0% allocated returns. 

0 Cheers
robofstcroixtax
Level 1

Yes we did. 

The problem was when you entered 0% allocation, the Form 8962 would drop from the return and render it unable to efile.

The reject read attach 'ACA Explanation'. So I attached a pdf with some Preparer Notes indicating the taxpayer was allocated 0% of the PTC and attached a pdf copy of the 8962 properly completed and a copy of the 1095A.

Once the attachment was seen named ACA Explanation, it efiled and was Accepted. 

Rob

lrhenry04
Level 3

I think I will PDF the 8962 with the 0% allocation and attach it to the return.

0 Cheers