Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am receiving an error message that the routing number is incorrect for a direct deposit but have verified with the bank it is correct. Has anyone else encountered this?

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

I have seen where the IRS database has not been updated with a bank number, but really rare. Check the number again at https://routingnumber.aba.com/default1.aspx You have to scroll down and affirm you are not a robot.

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Replies 13
Highlighted
Level 15

I have seen where the IRS database has not been updated with a bank number, but really rare. Check the number again at https://routingnumber.aba.com/default1.aspx You have to scroll down and affirm you are not a robot.

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
Thanks it looks like they have 2 Routing #s, the second one worked.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Be careful, sometimes they are in different states.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
In instances like this, I would have the client verify it with the bank directly just in case.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1663294-reject-of-2016-return-regarding-bank-acco...

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Hey, Joshua here. If you're using Chime, I had to use an alternative routing number "031101114" because my regular routing number "031101279" would get rejected every time trying to sign up for direct deposit via DES.NC.GOV.

Highlighted
Level 2

I forgot to say that I contacted Chime customer service about it, and that's what they suggested. After I figured it out with 3 days of calling/web browsing lol. 😛

Highlighted
Level 1

Did you have any problems such as a delay getting a deposit with the alternate number ? Chime support gave me the same “alternate” too, now they are saying that the routing number can’t be used and any deposit sent to it would have been immediately returned. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

You are correct. I just found out today that my Chime account rejected the direct deposit from NC.DES, and a DES debit card was issued.

Sorry to anyone this may have effected. I was trying to help out, and turns out what I was told by Chime staff to be false.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

3712036e-1d37-47e2-a2a3-b6cf86886b3a.jpg

0 Cheers
Highlighted

Hello Joshua, just wondering if you ever received your benefits with using that alternative routing number? I am going through the same thing now but have yet to receive my deposits. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 13

@Mrsclaybrooks 

It isn't clear what you are asking about. "Benefits" isn't this forum. This forum is for professional income tax preparers and Income Tax payments and refunds.

I recommend using a web search to find something more specific to your issue. Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Huge help! Thank you!!

0 Cheers