Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new. I go to send an email invite through the portal and it sets up the tax file like I'm doing an amended return? I don't get it. What am I doing wrong?

For every client I after I send an email request, it sets up a tax file under tax returns which presumes this will be an amended return?  I am beyond confused.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2

Did you click something on 1040 that statues an amended return , it seems like you probably did that by accident check your 1040 snd see if you did that first 

0 Cheers

I didn't ask for an amended return, what is the procedure to "roll over" information from a prior year return to start a new return?  I suspect I just don't know how to do that.  I have an Apple and wasn't able to use the wizard to bring in clients 2019 returns... so Intuit did it for me.  So when I'm starting the 2020 return I click on that original file.  I suspect something is going on there.  The whole thing is just not intuitive for me.

0 Cheers