Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a student trying to complete an assignment for class. My instructor told me to contact you if I am being asked to buy credits to create a PDF.

for school we are doing mock returns with fake info. I want to finish it and cant because I am being asked to pay for it. it is suppossed to be free for students. its not being filed. it is only for my instructor to see i know how to do it
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
abctax55
Level 15

Type 'educational' in the search box. The top hit is "How to get the free educational software". I can't get the help article to link using my phone 😑.

Your instructor should be helping you with this tho, we can't. We are just users of the software.

Former Chump..oops..AllStar...I used to be a people person, then people ruined it

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
George4Tacks
Level 15

You need to register through the student portal. https://www.intuit.com/partners/education-program/products/proconnect-tax-online/student-signup/

Don't feel bad, you aren't the first student that did not follow the instructors instructions. 

ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Thanks, George.... you always have that 

Edit... link at the ready.

(internet blip....)

Former Chump..oops..AllStar...I used to be a people person, then people ruined it

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
George4Tacks
Level 15
I resemble that comment!

ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

"My instructor told me to contact you if I am being asked to buy credits to create a PDF."

"Don't feel bad, you aren't the first student that did not follow the instructors instructions."

It's time for @Nicole_Student2021 to Correct and Inform the instructor. Nicole did exactly what she was told to do. It's the instructor who needs to explain to the students how not to signup as a customer, but as a learner.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
c123anderson
Level 1

Well, I can tell you, as an instructor, it doesn't matter how, how often, or even how many times I tell students .... short of doing it for them, they are going to make mistakes in signing up. With my course being online with COVID, the problem is multiplied by having no way to direct students in person.

I'd like to agree that it's so easy to have instructors be clear. I am clear and include a link, record a step-by-step video, but I still have some who will go a different route.

If my students who are waiting until a deadline to submit their work and discover they screwed up can readily switch their account without waiting the weekend for Support to be back in the office, that could be helpful. So I guess the blame game continues....

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"If my students who are waiting until a deadline to submit their work and discover they screwed up can readily switch their account without waiting the weekend for Support to be back in the office, that could be helpful. So I guess the blame game continues...."

This is a Peer User Forum. None of us can do anything with log in accounts. If "switch" an account is a possibility, then please point out who this student needs to reach to make that happen.

It isn't an issue of blame. It's an issue of direction. You don't contact people who have no ability to make the change requested. The instructor is washing their hands of the situation if they knowingly tell their students who made the wrong sort of log in, to "contact you" because this forum for peer end users, are not Customer Support and not the right people to contact. Telling students to "contact you" here is basically stating, "I don't even want to hear about it, if you make that mistake." That isn't a useful resource to provide to the students.

Let's not blame peer end users who made this a Community and who have already provided the right access link, for direct reference.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
c123anderson
Level 1

I completely agree that this board isn't appropriate to handle what appears to be a student's request on this discussion board. I think stepping back and looking at the situation there's a sort of failure in many levels, and I include if the instructor washes their hands of the situation by telling student "go to this link" and doing nothing more.

If a forum user was kind enough to redirect the student, that is very commendable. My experience was that ProConnect defaulted to the professional version, even when I signed up using my educational credentials at the education sign up link. When I realized this, I couldn't find Support very easily, and struggled with the program and with Google to finally get somewhere. I think this forum is seeing that situation play out with others, too.

As an instructor, thank you for helping out students, even if it's redirecting them to Support. Despite best efforts and careful direction, students, who are hoping to one day possibly be your peers, are seeking help from time to time. Helping them by letting them know this isn't the right place and "try this link" is helpful.

abctax55
Level 15

deleted.... just not worth it.

0 Cheers