Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report and track an issue with PTO software?

Level 4

When you have an issue with a Intuit software, ProConnect Tax Online (PTO) in particular, what do you do?

Well, you contact the support, but the support is mostly limited to data entry issues. When it comes to an issue with software issues, they will ask you to send a feedback ( https://intuitcorp.quickbase.com/db/bmxa9ypjn?a=nwr ). In the past I must have sent hundreds of the feedback messages. The problems with this approach:

• It might be a known problem reported by someone else. In this case, I simply need to vote that this problem affects me. Also they might have found a workaround.
  • I have no record of what I have reported, not to mention the status on the issue.

I can also send an email to the support ( [email address removed] ), but it also have the same problems: you do not know if this problem has been reported by others, and it is hard to keep track.

In short, how do we report and follow up the cases for the issues we have with PTO software?

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Today, we launched ProConnect Tax Idea Exchange, a place for ideation creation and feedback about ProConnect Tax! Stop by and submit your ideas on improving ProConnect Tax. Make sure to check out our Getting Started Guide first to learn more about Idea Exchange. 

Cheers! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

41 Replies 41
Level 15

Maybe @IntuitAustin could get some feedback. I think you are looking for something like Lacerte has. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/sending-an-email-to-lacerte-support/00/4763

ex-AllStar
Level 13

There is also this process:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/community-basics/discussion/idea-exchange-getting-started-gu...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Level 15

@qbteachmt this link is for ProSeries and this community. It would be nice to one for ProConnect.

ex-AllStar
Level 13

"It would be nice to a ProConnect."

It would be nice if the support people updated their topics and continued their concepts. I swear a lot of new content is simply redundant to what is already available.

Level 4

There are two links on that post, the first one is for ProSeries as you said, the second one "Intuit Accountants Community" seems generic.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
Level 13

"seems generic."

Because this Peer forum is considered to be Support.

You are asking for an enhancement; this is not a Bug, as they point out. Or, "Working As Designed" WAD, is how this is referred to in programming. There is a lot of specific info the preparer has to include and provide and review and confirm. Otherwise, your client would not need your services.

It reminds me of the topic recently when the person complained that only a handful of States allow for e-filing amended returns. But that isn't true; the Program in use is the limiting factor. The States don't control the commercial marketplace. If your product likely doesn't have a large audience in WY or MT, perhaps you can't be bothered writing the code needed specific to those States.

Level 4

It is indeed nice to have a case management system. Am I right to say that as of now we do not have a system that:

• To report issues (bugs, enhancements, workarounds, etc) and keep track of them.
  • To see issues other people reported, and their statuses (fixed, implementing, declined, etc)

I see the situation is detrimental for both the community and the house. I may report something that you have already reported, and you have a workaround that I do not know. For the house, they get duplicate reports, and when I follow up with the support, I have to start from the zero.

The community support is useful when we do not know how to something, and to find a workaround when things are not working as supposed to, but we cannot do anything more when it comes to the real issues that the house has to fix.

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

@puravidapto 

You are not pointing out ANYTHING that we (we=long term users of Intuit software, and of the numerous incarnations of this *forum*) haven't pointed out to the PTB at Intuit ad nauseum.  They do NOT listen.  Go ahead & do battle; but don't expect anything to change.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar.
"the game of life is hard to play"

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

@puravidapto 

You are not pointing out ANYTHING that we (we=long term users of Intuit software, and of the numerous incarnations of this *forum*) haven't pointed out to the PTB at Intuit ad nauseum.  They do NOT listen.  Go ahead & do battle; but don't expect anything to change.

Put another way, time spent battling Intuit on some of these issues would be much better spent on productive stuff you can control and you know will make a difference to your practice, your clients, and your sanity.  You are talking about hours on end on just one call and that multiples when you have to follow up over days, months, and years, and then that becomes exponential considered there will be more and more changes you'd like to influence them to make over the years.

At the end of the day, each software has its strengths and weaknesses and there are hurdles you will need to overcome for switching products.  Whether it's worth the effort is an economic decision and whether the other alternatives are suited for the typical profile of your clients.  Sometimes, that will mean living with an imperfect software because it serves your needs and accept the reality of how things are - that is, until you decide it's time to go somewhere else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Level 11
Level 11

Support via phone is fairly useless from what I hear. Your best bet is here in the forums. 

Level 4

I do not mind that the support cannot provide an immediate answer, I just hope they can open a case, and that the case can be tracked, and so that the problem can be solved eventually, but they cannot even do that.

An example is that the w-2 import did not (and most likely still does not) import NYC withholding, which is a huge problem. I asked the support to open case for the bug, they argued they cannot do that because it is not a bug: they do not support NYC withholding and therefore it is not a bug.The following is part of the chat:

Me: missing a withholding is a pretty serious issue, no?
support: It is just something that is not apart of Intuit Link, which is something that would have to be added in an update of the program

Me: so this is a problem? If 3000 withholding is missing, then TP lost 3000.
support: Unfortunately it is just information that does not import via intuit link, it has to be manually entered

Me: that is fine for now. but should we create a case to have this fixed?
support: This isn't considered an 'issue', so therefore there is nothing to 'fix'. This is just something that you can recommend to be added into intuit link via the email I sent you above

Me: who did not consider it as an issue? For me it is a BIG issue.
support: where it is something that our program does not support yet through intuit link, it is not considered to be an issue because it is something we do not support. However, if you would like to suggest implementing this into the program then you would be able to do so with the link I provided above

Me: w2 import is not supported?
support: the w2 import is supported, but certain imports with city information is not

I was speechless.

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

@puravidapto  What you experienced seems more like issues with Link integration rather than bugs in PTO.  Link has had some incremental improvements over the years but is very limited as a client portal, so many do not use it.

As it stands, import often will cost you more time than necessary and it would usually be more expedient to make manual entries - unless you have a large number of records that must be reported individually.

Personally, I would pick my battle to fight and wouldn't hold my breath on this one.  There are technical issues that would render some international returns incorrect if users are not aware and the overrides available are very clumsy (and the confusing standard statements with these overrides would require supplemental attachments to support) - these were brought to the attention of Intuit years ago but have yet to be fixed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Community Manager
Community Manager

Today, we launched ProConnect Tax Idea Exchange, a place for ideation creation and feedback about ProConnect Tax! Stop by and submit your ideas on improving ProConnect Tax. Make sure to check out our Getting Started Guide first to learn more about Idea Exchange. 

Cheers! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

Level 4

What in my mind is a case management system, such as https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu . Most of time, I am not expecting an answer right away knowing the complexity of the issue, but to register a case which will be triaged, and eventually resolved in one way or the other.

After all, Proconnect Tax Online is a software system. As a software system, it shares characteristics as other software system: it has bugs and it needs enhancements, and by fixing bugs and making enhancements, the software evolves. It is different than a commodity product, such as a bank account, for which most of the issues can be resolved during a phone call.

It seems the support personal is not trained to support the product as a software. They expect to supply an answer to every question in one sitting. Once they cannot find an answer, they become frustrated and usually will do one of the two things: (a)state that it works as expected. A typical line goes like: "our software is written according to law, so it must be an expected behavior", or recently they learned to throw out a feedback link as a panacea. When I ask them to create a case for me, they usually refuse it, citing that I will be the best person since I know the problem best, not knowing that the a critical step towards resolving a software issue is to independently verify or reproduce the issue.

Initially I religiously reported every problem I found, big or small, through the feedback link thinking that the feedback goes directly to the developer, and they will diligently work on it, as I am told. Gradually I lost the zeal as I receive zero feedback for the issues I reported, not knowing the status, and even forget the issues I reported, until they surfaced again during the work. Even though I still report, it is just out of habit rather than the religious faith.

Even though the Idea Exchange board is the idea I wanted, it is a step in the right direction. What I wanted is quite simple, the ability to open a case and follow through its life cycle, like what the other software company does to their products, and there are mature tools to do this.

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

@puravidapto wrote:

...Even though the Idea Exchange board is the idea I wanted, it is a step in the right direction...

I admire your persistence.  You should take a look at the predecessor of the Idea Exchange (which I don't think is accessible any longer) and see the number of suggestions and votes that had been logged over the years...

Still an AllStar
Level 4

The Proseries Idea Exchange seems OK, the top idea got 60 votes in 5 months. The Community Idea does not, the top idea receive only 12 votes. I also worry that a new broad will divide traffic, and so people have to decide which board to go. I can imagine a simple solution to the problem: we discuss in one board, and when it becomes nature of the issue is clear, then we label it as bug or as a request for enhancement, which is what Gmail does to the email messages. I do not see the distinction between the "idea exchange" and this "discussions" board, we are exchanging ideas here, aren't we? Why would we need another board to exchange ideas? What we need, as I repeatedly repeated, is a case management system.

In fact, we do not need to reinvent the wheel. The software industry has its established standard practice. The support model might be Okay for end user product such as Turbo Tax where most of the questions are usage questions, while the majority of my issues are real software issues.

I am glad that you have noticed my persistence. The software has served my purpose well so far, and it is just this support issue that pains me so much that I am seriously looking into other options. Like a married couple who experience a relationship problem, they need to go through the marriage counseling first to see if they can resolve the differences so that in the future none of them will have regret, I am putting my ideas in the open to find out why they cannot manage their software as a software, as other software company does. I do not think what I asked is out of ordinary.

PS: In previous post, I meant to say "Even though the Idea Exchange board is not the idea I wanted", I missed "not", but I believe people will understand it from the context. 

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

@puravidapto Your persistence caused the creation of the Brand Spankin' New ProConnect Tax Idea Exchange Use this for any suggestions to improve the Online program. The Community Idea is just how to improve what we are using here, such as get a decent search function in the opening screen. Any idea you posted there for the program will just sit there. If you find a defect, or something that needs improving in the program, enter it in the new ProConnect Tax Idea Exchange, but try asking a question here to see if it may just be a learning curve on your part.  Generally questions in the part of the Community are not notice by Intuit employees, but rather by other, very knowledgeable users. 

Here is wishing you a wonderful Holiday, I mean Tax Season and Many Happy Returns!

ex-AllStar
Level 4

It is often said to use the right tool for the job. I am not sure if a board will replace a case/bug management system. I see the following issues:

• The traffic to discussion board will be diverted. A successful community requires enough people to ask questions, and enough people to answer questions.
  • As you suggested, we post here first and then post there. This will duplicate the effort.
  • From the predecessor board, I did not find the features I am looking for. When someone reports a bug, it then needs someone from the company to verify / reproduce it, and accept it as a bug, and the release date to be set. Someone else who experience the same problem can subscribe and get notified.

As I think more on the issue, I start to realized the root of the problem might be rooted with the model to support a commodity product such as Turbo Tax where most questions are input questions and the vast majority can be resolved through one contact. When my issue cannot be resolved, they say they are an input expert, not a tax preparer, and throw me a feedback link which gets me no answer. I did successfully get a few bugs fixed and being fixed through email, but it is a painful process, not so much for the communication, but email is not an adequate tool for the job. I think what should happen is this process:

• When I have an issue, I first search if this is a known issue, if it is accepted as bug, and a fixed committed, and I can subscribe to the issue and gets notified when it is released.
  • If it is not a known issue, I contact support. If it can be resolved through the first contact, great. If not, then a case should be opened and someone follow it up. If there is no solution as it is a software issue, then a bug should be reported and I should then follow up the bug.
  • The community support is useful but cannot replace the official support when bug fixes and enhancement requests are involved.

If you agree with me, how can we move forward with the ideas?

--
0 Cheers
Level 13

As a User Support professional and a programming professional, I would point out that I think you still have a few things intertwined.

Intuit has intentionally substituted a peer user community for direct customer support. You are supposed to ask the community, which acts as a guard rail on bug reporting and enhancement requests. You will see that peer users often attempt to duplicate what is reported, or provide guidance on how to do it otherwise (if this is pilot error), or explain the software isn't going to "do that math" but the preparer should be doing that math, as it is dependent on many variables that the preparer must weigh.

Next, the idea exchange isn't a direct Bug Reporting system. It's a Submission system.

Working As Designed is a resource-driven statement. It's seen when you read the forum from ProSeries Basic users who want lots of new inclusions in Basic, which are in Pro. It costs more to use Pro for a reason.

A lot of your bug reporting concepts are internal, not external. How that path functions from submission to acceptance for research purposes, and then if there is to be resolution or not, is internal processing.

Nothing here is open source. Everything here is For Profit and Commercial. That changes your expectation. Don't compare it to Ubuntu.

I recommend you sign up here:

https://externaltesting.intuit.com/welcome/

Instead of continuing this topic on this forum.

Level 4

I understand what you said on open source vs close source, which may affect how much the company is willing to publish the known issues, however it does not change the necessity for a case management system for customers, which by its very nature, cannot be internal, as it involves a customer. Bug report can be internal in my opinion, but when more and more customers inquire the same problem, it is beneficial for the company itself to publish the issue just as Intuit has done for the "link" problem in the middle of a tax season a few years ago.

If this sounds abstract, let us go over the customer needs. I have an issue. For the sake of discussion, let us say it ended up as being a bug. I contacted the support. The support, which are input experts as they told me, cannot find a solution, and tell me to send a feedback, then case "closed". I write to the feedback, I heard nothing. I do not know the status. I cannot follow it up.

You said the idea exchange board is a submission system. I do not know how it cannot be. Just as the software is closed source, my data are private and most of the time I do need to send in a return to substantiate the case which cannot be done via a public board. I cannot follow up with the life cycle of the case or bug report. I do not see it benefits user that much.

You also mentioned that the resource and cost issue. I am a paid customer and I was told the support is included, I already use Proconnect there is no ProProConnect that I can buy. If the company thinks that we need to pay more to get proper support, then just increase the price and let the market decides. I personally think I have paid quite a lot.

You suggested to sign up as an external tester and stop posting here. I have been an external tester for a long time, if you know what I mean, I do not find how it is related to the customer service we are discussing, and I do not know why we should stop posting here. I learned quite a lot from other people's posting: I learned that I am not alone in the way I feel, I learned the rationale that Intuit behaves the way it does. It helps me to decide to how much invest in Intuit: the time, the energy, and the money. I think people should freely express their open and honest opinions. Who knows, maybe when enough people realize the seriousness of the problem, we may come up without a workaround.

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

customer service 

We want you to stop because *we* are NOT customer service.  And WE can't help you; what you want done is NOT the purpose of this forum.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Level 15

"....If you agree with me, how can we move forward with the ideas?"

Whether WE agree is irrelevant.  Intuit doesn't; Intuit doesn't WANT to do what you are asking.

MY idea - you need to move on to a different software provider. The PTB at Intuit are not going to listen to or implement your ideas.

Level 15

@puravidapto wrote:
...As I think more on the issue, I start to realized the root of the problem might be rooted with the model to support a commodity product such as Turbo Tax where most questions are input questions and the vast majority can be resolved through one contact...

The root of the problem is really Intuit not taking seriously input given by tax professionals who subscribe to their professional tax products.  Unlike other professional tax product developers, Intuit makes its money mostly from non-professionals.

If you take a look at the transcript of the latest ER call, there is only ONE, yes, a single cursory mention of the word "professional".  Why, you may ask - that's because the "Strategic Partner" segment, despite growing YOY, accounts for barely 6.4% of its top line and 8% of its operating income.  What's more telling is that both of these metrics are in a downtrend relative to previous years (in spite of the Strategic Partner segment having a much larger operating margin, which continues to expand).

What Intuit learns from their experience with tax professionals, you can rest assured, is put to good use, except it is not necessarily for the improvement of the professional tax products but for the enhancement of their engagement with DIYers, i.e. their individual and small business customers.  TurboTax Live customers, which grew by 70% in TY20, and QB Live, which was launched in 2019, are decidedly their strategic focus.

It has been said many times Intuit wants to have their cake and eat it too - true, but who is enabling that?  It's us, tax professionals, who join forces with Intuit to beef up their DIY products as "live support" to, ironically, compete with ourselves, who subscribe to their professional tax products that do not necessarily receive the attention they rightfully deserve.

Now, it all makes sense what the root of the problem is...

...If you agree with me, how can we move forward with the ideas?

As we have explained many times, we are NOT Intuit Support.  We are fellow users like you, who volunteer our time to help others and to share our experience with one another.  We are not affiliated with or compensated by Intuit in any way.  We cannot, therefore, "move forward" with any idea - if we could, I am sure you would have seen drastic changes to many things.

Still an AllStar
Level 15

@puravidapto  You've been barking up the wrong tree; writing here will not "move forward" your ideas in anyway.

If you believe this is important enough and you are able to sway Intuit, try writing to the Intuit executives listed on their website instead.  From experience, before long, the moderators will redact or remove this post because they do not like folks having direct access to their executives even though their contact details are deliberately listed on their own official website, accessible to anyone.  They may even re-direct you to the so-called "Office of the President" but don't expect them to be empathetic customer advocates.

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

Still an AllStar
Level 4

@itonewbieThank you for the suggestion, and I will take the issue to the executives.

I understand this is not customer support and you cannot help to solve the problem. I have been talking to them on the issue for years and they cannot either. Howver it is useful to establish consensus so that the executives know that there is indeed a problem. Thank you all for posting, I hope your effort is not wasted.

--
Level 13

@puravidapto 

You have not yet posted your issue to the new Ideas Exchange that was created as a result of your input here.

Your own text is: "you do not know if this problem has been reported by others, and it is hard to keep track.

In short, how do we report and follow up the cases for the issues we have with PTO software?"

And you were the impetus for the solution you seek. Why are you not using it? Why would you write to Executives instead?

Level 4

@qbteachmtI did not ask to create the Ideas Exchange board, and I replied with a qualified statement that "the Idea Exchange board is [not] the idea I wanted", and elaborated in several posts. I think the board might be even harmful to the community as a lot of times a plausible but not a real solution to a problem is worse than no solution at all. For example, the feedback link which appear to be omnipotent for every problem when we contacted the support who cannot provide a solution right away, they say "oh, you just write a feedback and it directly goes the developers, and they will diligently working on your problem", and it took awhile for me to find out it is a one way feedback and I do not know where my problem stands. 

I want to write to the executives because from the responses I see that many other users suffer the same problem for years, and we have exhausted the normal channels to find a solution for the problem.

PS: If you can take off the "Ideas Exchange" post as a solution, I would appreciated, It seems that I cannot do it myself.

--
0 Cheers
Level 13

"PS: If you can take off the "Ideas Exchange" post as a solution, I would appreciated, It seems that I cannot do it myself."

You still seem Very Confused. It isn't clear how many times you were told that we are Peers. The only person in your topic that is an Intuit Employee is Austin. You can see by the label that he is part of Intuit. He also is the person that followed up with your request and expanded the Idea Exchange to meet what you asked. So, you got what you wanted, and it still isn't enough.

It is how you Post something for follow up, then Intuit people will set the status for you to see and watch, and the other peers users get to Vote on it. Then, it might make it all the way through the implemented stage to completion.

It is starting to appear that you simply wanted to complain to your peers, who are trying to support each other while working with a common set of tools. It seems you never intended to have an actual effect on all of this that you complained about. That's unfortunate.

There really is nothing more to offer you, then.

0 Cheers
Level 4

@qbteachmtI do not have a general confusion, but your affiliation from what you said "As a User Support professional" and other things you said in defense for Intuit (which is fine). Now I realized that you are a support professional for other user community, I am sorry for the confusion.

Apart from this confusion, I was responding to your questions in my previous post. Now I need to answer your new question: whether I intend to have an actual effect on what I complained about. Yes, I do. Let us go through the chronicle: I started with that I have hard time to have my case logged and tracked, and ask what other people do. Then people told me they have the same issues for years. Then I asked what we should do then, and someone answered that I should write the executives, and I said that I will do. I have a concrete idea what a proper level of support should be, not just complain for the sake of complaint. It is just that I cannot see things clearly without going through the process, and I thank you all for participation, and I hope your efforts are not wasted. 

You may think that I just want to complain because they have provided an "Ideas Exchange" board, and I am still not happy. First of all, the "Ideas Exchange" board is not I wanted in the first place, it does not replace case management.

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

Michele.... do you think maybe it's time to stop feeding the troll ?  I feel like I'm reliving Groundhog Day. 

IMHO, this thread needs to be locked.

Level 13

"do you think maybe it's time to stop feeding the troll ?"

Well, I went to the Ideas Exchange to read what was submitted and expected to do some voting. I wasn't intending to feed the troll.

It's unfortunate that a peer user takes up the time and energy of other peers who would have helped support that endeavor.

Level 15

That's why I'm giving up on this thread.  I don't know how else we can explain that "we" aren't in control, and that the folks that ARE don't care.

Level 4

I just posted the idea to have a case management tool for ProConnect to the Idea Exchange board, here is the link. I hope you can support my effort by voting it up.

Basically I come to here to ask you what you do for the problem I am having. Upon hearing that you all have the same issue, I ask we, together or individually, can do for the problem. I can assure you that I am not trolling, and I am result oriented. So far I have two ideas: vote for the idea I posted and let the voice heard; and to write to the executives. I will defer the writing to see how many people support the idea, if there are only a few votes, then it is probably will not convince the executives.

If you have other ideas to get the idea implemented, please let me know.

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

@puravidapto  This will be my last post about this.  You don't seem to have "listened" to what everyone here has said.

Many of the contributors you heard from have been volunteering their time here (and its predecessors) for umpteen million years (ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration - it's more like thousands of years) and have, through various formal and informal channels, provided feedback to Intuit on not just program but service improvement suggestions over these long periods of time.  All that we did was to share our collective experience so that you can decide for yourself how best to spend your valuable time and energy.

Like I said, I admire your persistence.  For your sake and the benefit of all users, we do hope you have better luck getting your ideas through to the Powers.

Still an AllStar
Level 4

I understand that you (and others) do not oppose the idea, but think it is a waste of time and energy discussing it since it is cannot be done. Okay, I will no longer discuss it. I also understand that you cannot implement the idea for me, but can I ask you please go to this link this link to vote up the proposal? It should just take a few seconds. This way, I can say to the executives, look, there are X number of people who think this should be done.

PS: Please also ask your friends to vote if you can.

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

Just on your idea... I'm not sure if they actually have a case management tool in use.  They probably do because they do assign reference numbers for cases that require follow up, if I recall.

Unless I misread your suggestion, you seem to propose that the case management system should be client facing - I'm not sure about that either - I'm personally not aware of a single company that builds their case management system that way.  One exception to that would be insurance companies whose nature of business requires the tracking of claims but even they do not track other service issues or inquiries through those client-facing portals.

Still an AllStar
Level 4

You are getting the technicality, so please allow me to respond just on this point. Intuit does have case management system internally, I heard that it is Jira. However it is of no use for us if it is not customer facing: we do not know the updates, the status, and we cannot reference the case number. I do not know a single software company [or even a non-software company but having a customer portal] that does not have a customer facing case management tool. In my proposal, I used Oracle as an example.

Just image that when a company reaches a sizable customer base, let us say thousands, they need a tool to manage the interactions. Customer relationship management (CRM) is a mature industry, the low end is zendesk, the high end is salesforce.

My proposal has a specific goal to address a specific pain points we all suffer, I am highly optimistic that it is achievable, but I need your help. I hope that you see the benefits of the proposal, and vote for it, and influence your friends to vote as well if you can.

--
0 Cheers
Level 11
Level 11

The problem is not us (your peers), the problem is Intuit itself. They do not take the advice of its users. So you can scream to the high heavens and there is no one home so to speak. I will vote for your issue for all the good it will do. 

I wish you luck. 

Level 15

Even when Lacerte had a case system (don't know if they still do) I found:

a) My cases got marked Resolved when they were not

b) I never heard back from them

Seems my issues went into a black hole. These were for specific bugs that I submitted through their email help system.

I stopped bothering to make suggestions for improvements a long time ago since we all know they were ignored. Intuit hasn't even given lip service to Lacerte by adding an Idea Exchange for it.

ex-AllStar
Level 4

If you do not listen to the users from the community, how would they evolve their product? How do they grow their ecosystem? It takes pains, time, and effort to discover an issue, and it is too valuable human capital to waste.

--
0 Cheers
Level 15

You'd think that the votes count for something...  Tis the season for wishes for sure.  Like I said many times, I always try to be a good boy, thinking Intuit Santa would grant me my wishes.  But I guess being good is just not good enough.

Case tracking like Susan says doesn't work when they mark your cases resolved when they're not.  As with everything else, to Intuit, those are probably resolved - it's a matter of perspective.

Still an AllStar