Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to purchase "Proconnect Online" products from Japan? If possible, let me know the direct phone number to purchase the products to connect a right person to order.

Noriko
Level 2
I know I have to call to purchase the products.  But it takes so many minutes to reach a right person to order.  International call is so expensive and so kindly help.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You should be able to purchase it online, without calling.  But if you do need to call, the telephone number is on this page too:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/tax-online/pricing/

Noriko
Level 2

Thank you.  In fact, this link does not let me purchase the products since I do not have an address in the US nor Canada..  If I call the Intuit, they will enter my credit card number on my behalf.  But by the time I can connect with the right person, I am on hold long time and it hurts as the international call is so expensive...  Recently the online chat does not work either it seems to require much more secured PC (mine is windows 10 and regularly secured I think but does not allow me to do Live Chat either...)

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Ah, okay.  

We have a GREAT person on this forum that uses Proconnect Online and is in Asia as well.  So when @itonewbie  sees this post, he may have some good suggestions to help you.

Noriko
Level 2

Thanks so much!  I will then look forward to @itonewbie's comments on this.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Intuit not catering to foreign addresses has been a long standing issue but they decided fixing it is not a priority.

The only way to properly set up an account is to call Intuit Sales directly.  They will need to manually override your address on the backend but not everyone at Intuit is aware of that or even knows how to do it.  Don't be surprised if you are questioned, get passed on to different people, or need to call back to speak with someone else.

When you make the first purchase, you may also need to call them to process the transaction offline because your credit card may decline the charge due to a mismatch of your billing address (which Intuit may override using their own corporate address).

Similarly for EFIN verification, manual intervention by Intuit will be needed because of your foreign address.

All these make for one time-consuming and frustrating process, unfortunately.

I'd suggest setting up your trial account initially with a US state and ZIP code.  This way, you can get it all done online in the least amount of time possible to test drive the product without human intervention.  Once you decide to move forward, it's then time to call Intuit Sales as explained above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Noriko
Level 2

Hello Itonewbie,

Thank you for your comments.  I called Intuit this morning and was able to get a right person (actually very capable representative) luckily at my first call.  I was on hold for 17 minutes but he handled my order in 3 minutes.  He was much helpful and it was much quicker than past years.  🙂 

Thank you again and have a good weekend,

Noriko