Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Proconnect Tax User Management pulling employee info from QuickBook Time and Workforce

Dom_Nick
Level 2

I notice a strange thing in my proconnect user management. Whenever I added a new employee in quickbook payroll and active their quickbook workforce portal, the proconnect user management will pull their personal email and name from the payroll account/workforce portal, and the system will create a phantom user that can't be inactive or deleted. 

I have talk to multiple proconenct tax customer service, none of them are able to provide an answer. I have asked them to escalate the technical issue to the IT, 3 months passed, no updates. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

My hunch is this happens by ill-conceived design, just because Intuit sees both online products as being part of the same ecosystem without considering the operational implications when you have distinct groups of people working on tax vs bookkeeping vs payroll.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

My hunch is this happens by ill-conceived design, just because Intuit sees both online products as being part of the same ecosystem without considering the operational implications when you have distinct groups of people working on tax vs bookkeeping vs payroll.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Dom_Nick
Level 2

I see and agree with you. Do you think whether I should switch to Lacerte? Does it has better support and less systematic errors like this? From my understanding is that Lacerte is not directly connected with QB online or payroll.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I use ProConnect Tax just like you, so can't really speak for Lacerte.  From what I gather from Lacertians on this forum, it surely doesn't sound like the grass is greener on the other side.

Certainly, if you're looking to get detached from QBO to make sure you have better control over data access, that'll do it.  Otherwise, the use case for ProConnect Tax over Lacerte still stands.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers