Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to file 2016amended return electronically

tommy123
Level 1

how do I file 1040x electronically

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can't efile 1040X.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can't efile 1040X.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But that isn't very helpful ---------------- we need to know how to do it :smirk::smirk:

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15
I'll just let it bounce off my thick skin.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
That comes in handy around here.  At least things bounce for you --------------- anvils don't seem to have a lot of bounce to them.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Wasn't aware an amended return could be filed electronically...when did that start?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
westax
Level 3

I was told by the IRS Stakeholder that the IRS is now accepting E filed 1040X's. How do I do that?

0 Cheers
westax
Level 3

According to Glenn Gizzy IRS Stakeholder last month. NJAPA South Chapter had a meeting with him the 23Rd of September 2020

0 Cheers
westax
Level 3

You can now. IRS Approved it last month

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That was announced by the IRS earlier this year: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/now-available-irs-form-1040-x-electronic-filing

Intuit also issued updates for each of their professional tax products.  There are slightly different limitations within each for what type of changes could be e-filed.  This means not all 1040X can be e-filed.  Here's the update for PTO:   https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-amended-fo...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar