Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you override locality on 1099-G? Override doesn't work and code was transferred from 2017 return.

brusso1202
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

I had that happen and the only way I could fix it was to go to the federal carryover worksheet and at the bottom of page 1, lower right side where it had 2017 Locality Tax Refund Information I put a 0 in under total overpayment.  That fixed the error for me.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The locality abbreviation?  What locality is being filled in?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
brusso1202
Level 1
AKR is the code that has been used for the City of Akron for the last several years. Carried over from last year's return. For some reason this year it is not being supported even though the Akron return is part of the City returns available on Pro Series.
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9
If you click on the locality field and the ? mark for help, then click on OHIO it will give you the new codes that work now.
brusso1202
Level 1
Did that but program won't allow me to enter any codes. AKR keeps popping back up.
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
You need to put a zero in under overpayment.
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

I had that happen and the only way I could fix it was to go to the federal carryover worksheet and at the bottom of page 1, lower right side where it had 2017 Locality Tax Refund Information I put a 0 in under total overpayment.  That fixed the error for me.

0 Cheers