Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get Schedule C Part IV to populate even when Form 4562 is not being generated? Need to enter the date placed in service and the mileage but nowhere to enter it

lexuskay
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe a picture will help

It sounds like you did not "link" the 2106 to the C with the first few entries. Be sure to check the appropriate boxes about being used by primary ....

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
18 Replies 18
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe a picture will help

It sounds like you did not "link" the 2106 to the C with the first few entries. Be sure to check the appropriate boxes about being used by primary ....

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
ROBIN30506
Level 1

Can you show the picture because I tried putting the info into the 2106 which is the stupidest thing I have heard and it does not flow to the Sch C!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Please see these articles for detailed instructions.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1860648-how-to-enter-vehicle-expenses-for-a-vehicl...

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1860650-how-to-enter-mileage-or-expenses-on-a-depr...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
lexuskay
Level 1
Thank you for your reply. I tried entering the information through the 2106 but it would not link to my Schedule C Part IV. How do I get them to link?
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 8
Form 2106 is only used in a limited number of instances beginning in 2018. IRS Releases 2018 Versions of Form 2106 and Publication 463. ...  For 2018, this form can be used only by Armed Forces reservists, qualified performing artists, fee-basis state or local government officials, and employees with disabilities who have impairment-related work expenses
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
If PTO is like Lacerte (and it often is), you enter auto expenses on the 2106 screen and link it to the relevant form.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
PTO is just like Lacerte, but way more awkward.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
More awkward than -1 means zero?  :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
0 Cheers
ROBIN30506
Level 1

These links are all broken

0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 8

There are limited uses for Form 2106 in 2018.

0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 8

Form 2106 is only used in a limited number of instances beginning in 2018.  For 2018, this form can be used only by Armed Forces reservists, qualified performing artists, fee-basis state or local government officials, and employees with disabilities who have impairment-related work expenses.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
This is not really a 2106, it is just a "vehicle" to tie vehicle expenses via mileage to the schedule C (or F).

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 8
Form 2106 in Pro Series is a 2106!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Imagine that!

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 8
:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Welcome to the wonderful world of Lacerte/PTO where nothing is ever what it seems. :joy::joy:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 8
:smile::smile:
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
The power of the negative thinking! Yes, kiddies -1 does equal nothing.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers