Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you export names and addresses from Proconnect Tax Online?

gmoney2767
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

You can export names from the Dashboard but not data such as address within your returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
gmoney2767
Level 1
Thank you for the response! But there is a way to export the names AND addresses. I have been doing it for years, but I only do it once per year and I can't remember how I did it in past years! Each year I send my tax clients a calendar. I export the names and addresses in order to create labels to stick on the envelopes. I've used PTO for a long time. I exported the names and addresses each year.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
You may not believe me but there is no such functionality in PTO.  Many have asked but Intuit doesn't seem to be interested in building this.  Lacerte, which is PTO's big brother, does have that feature built in but that's probably because it was carried over from the days of paper filing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Keri
Level 2

I certainly hope you're wrong about that, as the person who sold me on this system absolutely guaranteed there would be a way for me to do this. I'm going to be pretty heated if that turns out not to be true.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Keri wrote:

I certainly hope you're wrong about that, as the person who sold me on this system absolutely guaranteed there would be a way for me to do this. I'm going to be pretty heated if that turns out not to be true.

Not unless you are not referring to ProConnect Tax.

Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@KeriI had time to look into this again today.  There is actually a way for you to download your clients' details to a CSV file with the following info.  You do so by going to the Clients dashboard and clicking on the icon (with an arrow pointing down to a tray) in the top-right corner (next to the gear icon):

• Name
  • Type (of client)
  • Work phone
  • Home phone
  • Mobile phone
  • Email address
  • Street adress
  • City
  • State
  • Postal code

Note, however, these details were populated at the time you created the client.  Unless you subsequently go into the Clients dashboard and update these details for each client manually using the Edit client function found under ACTIONS, these details may be outdated.  Some may not be aware but there is no synchronization between the same details you update in your clients' tax returns every year and the data in the Clients dashboard.

Still an AllStar
Keri
Level 2

Wow.

This is really helpful information. Especially about Client info not automatically updating when you update info on a return. It doesn't seem like it would be so hard to fix that.

I'm really thinking it might be worth the effort to change. Thank you for your time.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @Keri. Let's hope Intuit will change that someday.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers