Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you enter w-2 in community property state filing MFS?

tonywprice
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
sfmethod
Level 2

Be sure to change the settings accordingly:

Settings/Options/Tax Return/Federal Tax Options/Community Property State: Yes

Then enter wages as usual making sure to mark the spouse check box if it's the spouse's W-2. Then once you split the return it should allocate wages 50/50, but make sure to double check the state ssn and details so that it reports the w-2 to the correct taxpayer or spouse.

tonywprice
Level 1

Is your response related to ProConnect Online or another software? I don't see those options in ProConnect Online.

0 Cheers
sfmethod
Level 2

Apologies, I thought it was for the Lacerte software. I don't know  how it works for ProConnect.

0 Cheers
Cathi
Level 1

I have all of the settings for the split correct.  However, the spouse with earnings lives in NV - to state tax.  Spouse lives in CA and needs to report 50% of the income. Lacerte saying state code needed and W-2 to be in CA and name of Spouse????

0 Cheers
Cathi
Level 1

I have all of the settings for the split correct.  However, the spouse with earnings lives in NV - to state tax.  Spouse lives in CA and needs to report 50% of the income. Lacerte saying state code needed and W-2 to be in CA and name of Spouse????

0 Cheers