Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I electronically file an amended Caifornia Form 540?

Highlighted
Level 1

I need to file an amended California form 540.  Per the Franchise Tax Board they said since the original return was filed electronically I should file the amended form 540 with schedule X electronically too.

I noticed that amended return option on Proseries connect is grayed out so I am unable to file the amended return electronically.

Has anyone run into this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
Highlighted
Level 15

You have tagged your question to the wrong product if ProSeries is what you use.

Based on feedback given by various other experienced ProSeries users, it is not possible to e-file CA 540 with Sch X using ProSeries even though FTB allows that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Good catch there, Mr. J

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15

Mr. J, lol.

Goodnight, Ms. A. 😁

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Isn't it morning there?  Or is it tomorrow night...  It's 8:00 p.m. Left Coast of the USofA time.

I do have the most difficult time with time differences & time changes.   You'd think, being a numbers chick, that it would be easy 🤣

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Mr. J is on on the Right Coast of the Left Continent, so it is probably tomorrow already. Time travel is possible. 

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Yes, time travel is possible.  No need for the DeLorean.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

It's 11am HK time.  It's easy to go by EST, then bring it forward by 12 hours, except it'd be 13 hours when the US is on winter time.  For other time zones in the US, I'd just count back from there.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

"Should" being the operative word.

If PTO doesn't allow it, then the FTB will just have to process a paper filing.

Lacerte does allow efiling a 540X,  FWIW.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
If you are REALLY looking for ProConnect Tax Online cure - Go to Profile and check the box for Amendments > California Amended > Select for e-file

ex-AllStar