Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I suppress a form 990-T if it is unnecessary? I have checked it as N/A in the Client input screen, but it still keeps appearing when I preview the forms.

vech2243
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

You did some input to cause this to happen. Look at the line(s) created on the 990-T and  CLICK on them and that should get you to the offending input. Correct that and you are GOLD!

ex-AllStar
vech2243
Level 1

Thank you for this advice.  For both of my clients, the form has an entry of 1 for line H of the 990-T (number of unrelated trades or businesses).  I don't have the option to right click, but I can double click and it will take me to the entry page.  There is nothing there - the field is blank.  There is no drop down - do I enter "none?"

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I misspoke with RIGHT CLICK (Lacerte), it should just be CLICK.
That takes you to the section for Form 990-T Miscellaneous.
Scroll through that section and you should find some entry to remove.
If all else fails look to "Return actions" and select "Send to Intuit" so they can analyze and repair.

ex-AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Under General > Misc. (990-N, 990, 990-PF, 990-T), under the Form 990-T section, do you have any input at all?  If so, remove all of them (assuming you don't have any corresponding entries for income and expenses elsewhere in relation to the unrelated business).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar